ZeMod Delaware offers high-performance modular homes that are zero energy ready for the 21st century. You deserve a better home, and ZeMod Delaware can help.
To provide affordable zero energy modular homes which meet the highest standards of durability, energy efficiency, comfort, and indoor air quality to Delawareans.
ZeMod Delaware is a unique program where not only do you get an affordable zero energy home, you get help buying it. ZeMod program services include:
- Homebuyer counseling to become mortgage ready
- Down-payment assistance for eligible buyers
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy incentives
- Access to suitable and affordable lots
Zero Energy Home
Zero energy homes produce as much energy as they use, which means no electric or fuel costs. ZeMod achieves zero energy by having a super insulated envelop, all-electric HVAC system which incorporates efficient heat-pump technology, and all appliances and lighting are ENERGY STAR® rated.
- The walls, roof, and floor are all packed with insulation
- High performance windows and doors
- Airtight ducts inside house
- Extra insulation surrounds home like a thick blanket that reduces energy loss
- Solar panels produce all the energy for a ZeMod home
- All ZeMod homes feature all-electric, high efficiency HVAC systems for heating, cooling, and hot water, resulting in no fossil fuels used within the home
- Superior indoor air quality with CERV, which monitors indoor air quality and automatically delivers fresh air when levels of carbon dioxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) exceed 1000ppm. Above this level, studies have shown notable decreases in mental performance, sleep quality, and productivity